COOK TIME - 40 minutes
What you need:
- 150g/5oz Self Raising Flour
- 75g/3oz Plain Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
- 75g/3oz Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 50g/2oz Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 150ml/¼pt Milk
- 50g/2oz Plain Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 225g/8oz Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm/8" cake tin.
- Put the chocolate and honey into a bowl and place over a pan of hot water. Stir until chocolate is melted, then leave to cool.
- Cream butter/margarine and sugar together. Beat in the chocolate mixture, then the eggs.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder together. Stir into the mixture with the vanilla essence and the milk.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 40 minutes. Turn onto a wire tray.
- When cake is cool, make the icing by melting the chocolate with the water in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from heat, add the butter, when butter is melted beat in the sugar.
- Spread icing over the cake and make a swirl design with a knife.
Bake whatever shaped cake you want with the Cake Mold!
Impress at birthday times or parties and special occasions.